Sunday, February 7, 2010

One off, one on

I've ticked the triathlon off the list for this year, but the new item on the list is swimming lessons. I want to be able to freestyle properly, not have to resort to breast-stroke.

The triathlon went pretty well - around 1 hour and 5 minutes (haven't seen the official times yet). I didn't even try to run the 3km - I'm a pretty fast walker anyway. I think the best place for me to get time off is in the swim - a few minutes there would make a huge difference.

I was hit by a bladder infection last week - actually had to resort to antibiotics, which I don't do very often.

The diagnosis on Craig's shoulder is some deep bruising in the bone, with some possible tendon damage. Might have something to do with using your shoulder to brace the nail gun when nailing into 100 year old heart rimu! The biggest problem is he keeps re-injuring, so he might get it strapped for the next couple of weeks, as well as continuing with the physio.

Starting my new exercise and nutrition stuff with Hamish tomorrow - quite excited, really. Want to see this as real commitment to 12 weeks of learning and looking after myself.

4 comments:

Name: Lynise said...

Hi Sue,

Thank you for sending those photos through, I had wondered what had happened to the boat.

Sorry I havne't replied but have had a few ups and downs the last two weeks and havn't spent much time on the computer.

Lynda said...

Good on you for doing the triathlon!! Swimming would be the hard thing for me too... well that and the running.

About the wine comment - wine is virtually carb free but still is not good for me. I am having much less though and less often :)

Chris H said...

Shame about Craig's shoulder! Maybe he needs to stop with the nail gun for a while!
I hope you have a great time today at Hamish.

Julie's Journey said...

Hey congratulations on the triatholon. I know breaststroke doesnt look as professional as freestyle but its a great stroke. Re Craigs shoulder - hope it gets better and you may have to tie him up to stop in re-injuring himself. Actually he might like that.
xx