Monday, February 8, 2010

Refresher course in healthy living

There seem to be lots of bloggers finding their focus again in the last couple of weeks - hope it goes well for all of you.

Had an interesting session with Hamish this morning. It's amazing that just talking about all this stuff (most of which I know so well) makes you realise how much you've let it slip...

Did lots of measurements, which I've never really done before. Came up with a physical age of 58 - which is a bit shocking for a 44 year old. A lot of that was about body fat and not being well-hydrated, so I hope to see some fairly quick progress there. Always thought I was pretty good at the water thing, but there you go.

I've got a bit of homework to do tonight before I see him for the first PT session tomorrow. It's mostly about goal-setting - but he has a very well structured approach to this, so it feels less airy-fairy to me than it has in the past. Again, quite sensible stuff - like no point in setting the goal if you don't work out some steps to get there.

Seeing the nutritionist tomorrow as well. Really looking forward to that, and looking forward to stitching all this info together.

Oh, official time on the triathlon was 1 hour and 6 minutes.

And I must get Craig to take a photo of me tonight so I can do the progress thing.

1 comment:

Zanna said...

Really interesting hearing how all this goes and look forward to hearing what the next steps are like. Zxx