Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And the times, they are a-changing...

Craig and I used our nice long holiday to firm up some plans for our future. It's a two year plan at this stage, so nothing very exciting for this year, but things will start happening next year - guess you'll all have to stick around to see what's up!
So, this year is all about getting some things done. The main one is the renovations to our little cottage. It's tiny and we love it that way, but it needs some major layout changes and I need a kitchen that can at least fit a dishwasher and a microwave! We're extending from 72 sq.m. to 80 - doesn't sound like much but gives us the space we need to make the internal changes, then we'll add a big deck on the back (with a pizza oven).


We've been mucking about with these plans for almost a year, so we've got to get on with things. Tuesday night is now planning night for us - to make sure we have things on track and work out what's next.

I also am making some changes to my health and fitness stuff. For too long I've been just meandering along. I need to ensure I have the skills to stay fit and control my weight - no matter what changes in lifestyle or circumstances we may go through.

So, I am going to spend 12 weeks with Hamish (who some of you will remember from Helena's blog). This will include body audits, 2 PT sessions a week, time with a nutritionist and lots of learning! This all starts on 8 February, after my triathlon. We have suspended our membership at the gym for 3 months while I do this - Craig is injured, so his focus for those 3 months will be to get his shoulder right. I think he may be facing some surgery there.

A big focus on saving for us this year too. We are fortunate enough to not have a mortgage, so we should be able to stash away a fair bit. Have to cut back on the overseas holidays!!!! That said, we do have a short trip to Adelaide booked for the end of March - my sister there is having her 50th; about 10 of us are going over from here.

I feel really good about all these plans - we work so much better as human beings if we have goals and focus. I know it is much better for Craig and I in our relationship if we have a feel for where we are headed.
Of course, plans don't have to be set in stone...

8 comments:

Kat said...

I have been reading your blog for a while but have never commented. Until now. I love your cottage!!!! Good luck with your fitness program.

FREEDOM said...

you sound so focussed Sue You Go Girl..

I am better well full on tied up for the next week or so and may not get back to your blog so want to Say good luck for the Tri You go getém girl.

FREEDOM said...

you sound so focussed Sue You Go Girl..

I am better well full on tied up for the next week or so and may not get back to your blog so want to Say good luck for the Tri You go getém girl.

Julie's Journey said...

It is the sweetest house. Looking forward to hearing about your progress. Hope Craig's shoulder mends soon. Goals and plans are good.
Good luck in the triathalon.
xxx

Anne said...

The cottage is cute! Hope we some photos of the renovations!

Good luck for the tri and also your future plans. I agree that to have plans and focus is all good.

gingersnapper said...

Very exciting - I'm looking forward to hearing about Hamish and your results. Also, I LOVE the cottage! With a nice deck it will be perfect.

Lynda said...

I love your little house!! I remember Petone well when it was a not so nice place to live - how fantastic that it is now such a pretty, lively area. Oh and about us and the traffic going to Coromandel? We have the luxury of being self employed and able to escape early!! No hold ups at all.

Chris H said...

Cute as home, can't wait to see the renovations. And good luck with the new fitness routine.