Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas revised

We've changed our minds (of course!) about just hanging about at the coast for Xmas.

So we'll still go to Paekakariki on Boxing Day (or even Christmas afternoon) and stay for New Year's Eve. Then it's off to Taupo on the 2nd. We were going anyway as we have tickets to Gin Wigmore and Dave Dobbyn. But instead of just whipping up there for a night we are taking the caravan and staying for two nights.

Then (drum roll please) we're off to Whitianga to stay with Helena and Craig at the camping ground they run! We're really excited about catching up with them, and about spending time on the Coromandel - the kayaks and bikes will certainly be must-pack items.

We'll leave there on the 9th or 10th and wander back down the North Island - not sure what route yet - so we get home in plenty of time to start work again on the 18th.

I finally did my first swim today, at the local outdoor pool (it's 30m and supposedly heated). The 300m took 10 and half minutes, so I don't feel to bad about that. I only did breast-stroke and I'm thinking I'm better off just working on my speed at that, rather than trying to master freestyle.

Now that we've got firmer plans for our holiday, I better start working on the travelling triathlon training plan.

4 comments:

Zanna said...

Well done on the swim. Your holiday plans sound fantastic - look forward to hearing how Helena is going - I was a lurker on her blog for ages then she shut up shop. Zxx

Anne said...

You will be looking forward to that holiday:-) Please say hi to Helena & Craig from us. We caught up with them in August when we were up that way.

Lee-Anne said...

Your holiday plans seem very similar to ours. Isn't it a great life. We'll be on the other side of the Coromandel tho. If the weather stops us from going out on the boat we were going to for a drive over the hill. So I might give you a txt even. I think I still have your number.

Enjoy your christmas and new year.

FREEDOM said...

oh please give Helena a big hug from me I miss her bloggs


your holiday plans sound nice and relaxing