Thursday, April 15, 2010

First part dealt with

We are dealing with a lot of change at the moment - in fact we're basically embarking on something which will change every part of our lives! While this is very exciting, it is also pretty scary - not to mention tiring and very hard on the brain and emotions.


But, as always, the best way to to get through something really big is to break it down to a series of small steps and decisions.

The first step is dealt with.

I have resigned from my job.

Actually, that's not a small step at all. It's pretty damn huge, actually. I have worked for various parts of this business, in various roles, for 15 years. My resignation has taken a lot of people by surprise, although not those who actually know me well.

I don't finish until the end of July and then I will take a really good break. After that I have some plans for a small home business I can work at part time. I have no desire to continue working 50/60/70 hours a week as I have in this job.

It is time for a change.


There are still more steps and decisions to be made. I will share these with you as we take them.

In the meantime, a lovely photo of Craig and me at my sister's party in Adelaide a couple of weeks ago.

12 comments:

Margaret said...

Leaving a job you have been in for so long is indeed daunting, obviously its the right choice for you.

I recently left a company I had worked in for 15 years, its a huge chunk of your life to leave behind, sometimes I regret it, mostly not...the money was very good, but like all things, a change can be good for you.

Lovely photo, you look happy and contented.

Kate said...

Wow, what a huge step, but sounds like it's about time you stopped working so much!! You look gorgeous in the photo and I LOVE the dress / top you are wearing. Can't wait to hear the next installment!

Tracy said...

WOW, a big leap out of your comfort zone - good on you.

I can't wait to hear what is planned next (I reckon you are going to travel the country in a house bus :-))

Lynda said...

Life is too short to work that hard - good luck with the new venture, I can't wait to hear what it is!!

Name: Lynise said...

I agree with Lynda, life definitely is too short to work that hard. I don't regret (for a single second) leaving Auckland and getting away from my 12 hour days (two of those being in traffic to and from work).

And thank you for sending the speedway photos, I downloaded them and deleted the e-mail then realised my 'thank you' reply hadn't gone through properly, so thanx for those pic's.

Name: Lynise said...

PS: When did you 'go blonde'. Love, love loveeeeee it.

Anne said...

As soon as I started reading your entry I guessed you were leaving your job. Sounds hard to move on, but we've found out over the last year or two that it's not that hard really. LOL at Tracey's comment re the house bus (we may see you on the way!)

You look great in the photo:-) love the blond hair as well!

Good luck with the other steps you are taking!

Julie's Journey said...

A really really big first step. So brave. Understand we will be with you, supporting you and encouraging you every step of your exciting new adventure.
xxx

Shauna said...

That is freaking awesome Sue... so happy for you to have taken the leap :)

FREEDOM said...

huge changes wow Sue you go for it girl

gingersnapper said...

Wonderful picture of you and Craig!

Best of luck with your new endeavor, I'm sure you will be fabulously successful. Keep us posted!

Chris H said...

Wow huge changes!
Love the photo of you two.