Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Parties and tsunamis

We've had another lovely weekend.

Went to the caravan on Friday night and woke up to a glorious day on Saturday. Walked for a couple of hours in Queen Elizabeth Park - trails we normally mountain bike. Craig is learning to use the walking poles I bought him for his birthday. We are planning to do the Tongariro Crossing at Easter, so I think they will be a great help to him.

Then Saturday afternoon we hitched up the caravan and went to Levin for a 60th. How cool to be able to take our own accommodation with us and park it on the lawn!

Woke up to a text from Mum on Sunday morning, worried about where we were - our house in Petone is only 100m from the sea, so she needed to know we were well away from any tsunami effects.

Back into the city Sunday afternoon to go to Apollo 13:Mission Control - one of the Festival of the Arts shows. It was lots of fun!

And now it is my 45th birthday and I am at home with the flu! A birthday present from my body?

8 comments:

Zanna said...

Happy birthday sweet pea - so sorry to hear you're not well but I'm sure Craig will manage to spoil you a bit anyway. Hope your day gets better and that you have a brilliant year. Z xx

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Sue! I hope you have a fab day despite having the flu, poor you!
I really wanted to take Joseph to that Apollo play because he is into anything space, but he wouldn't go because it was interactive!!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee-Anne said...

Happy birthday Sue. Sorry I'm late. But I hope it was a great day.

Anne said...

Happy belated birthday. Hope you are soon feling better.

FREEDOM said...

Belated happy birthday Sue hope u r well over your flu bug now
hugs

Margaret said...

Happy belated birthday. Hope you are feeling better.

I remember your old blogs ...the one after a birthday when it sparked you into loosing all that weight, and by and by you have kept it off, give or take a couple of kgs.

Well done you!!

Julie's Journey said...

I hope you are feeling better and you had a great birthday. Oh to be 46 again.
We had a problem with the tsunamis too - got kicked off the beach twice - bad old people.
xxx