Monday, May 11, 2009

The southerly front won't come through till this afternoon

Famous last words. (Okay not exactly last words. It’s not like I was Oates stepping out of the tent saying “I’m going outside, I may be some time")

But nonetheless the southerly did come through mid-morning instead of mid-afternoon. Which meant we were halfway up Mt Lowry when the wind and hail hit.

Mind you, even calling the thing a mountain is something of an exaggeration. 373m may technically be a mountain, but it only takes just over an hour to tramp/scramble to the top. Even in pouring rain and bouncing hail.

And it did clear up before we got to the top. The trip down was mostly in sunshine. And the views are SPECTACULAR.

Pics to come. Haven’t downloaded yet.

Oh – and I don’t have a phone yet, either.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

That score is going to get lower isn't it... Damn telecommunications companies.(*whew* glad I left mine LOL)

Mary said...

Glad to have come across your blog again Sue!

Jenny said...

Hi Ya Sue, Jo's mum here :) Just wantd to say how good you both were on the tele. Have been meaning to say since the day I saw it. Bit slow on doing things round here :) Great to see you doing so well and happy.
Cheers,
Jenny :)

Anne said...

RE: Jenny's comment - what have I missed?

Are you going to start updating again?!